Hot/Cold Pack (23cm x 13cm)
Hot/Cold Packs are a quick and easy way to provide heat or ice therapy depending on the type of condition experienced.
Cold Therapy used for:
- Reducing swelling and bruising from injuries (e.g. from an ankle sprain)
- Relieving localised pain and headaches
Heat Therapy used for:
- Increasing circulation and speeding up muscle recovery
- Reducing muscle soreness
- Relieving stiff joints and tight/tense muscles
- Easy to heat (microwave/place in hot water) or freeze (in freezer)
- Flexible even when frozen for better fit around contoured areas
Whether used hot or cold, it is advisable to check that the temperature is not too extreme against the skin. It is recommended that the pack is wrapped in cloth before applying to skin.
Store in freezer for approximately 1 hour to freeze gel
- Microwave: Place gel pack into microwave for approximately 30 seconds (if pack is at room temperature) or 1 minute (if pack is frozen) on high power. Check that the correct temperature has been reached. If not, further exposure should be in 10-second bursts. *Timing based on 600W microwave; adjust heating time accordingly to suit the power of your microwave*
- Hot Water: Bring water to boil. Remove from heat and immense the pack for approximately 4-10 minutes. After 4 minutes, check every minute to see if the correct temperature has been reached.